Password authentication problems

Richard June rjune at ims1.imagestream-is.com
Sat Apr 22 01:37:08 EST 2000

I've already solved this. OpenSSL implements crypt on it's own, This crypt
uses the standard 2 char salt, libcrypt in Slak uses an 11 char crypt. to
make it work edit the OpenSSH Makefile and find the line where it
specifies what libraries to link agains.  -lcrypto specificly. put -lcrypt
in front  of this. You will also find some other problems regarding
OpenSSH and slak 7 I'll send you a list.