openssh-2.1.1p4 + libwrap problem

Richard Savage richard.savage at sytec.co.nz
Mon Aug 7 08:01:02 EST 2000

Hi all,

I've hit a problem with OpenSSH 2.1.1p4 and TCP Wrappers, and have noticed
others may also have seen the problem. When OpenSSH is compiled with wrapper
support, access using standard userid/password fails - authentication works
ok and a shell is gained and then immediately terminated.

Running client in debug mode shows no obvious errors, and debug output from
syslog also reveals very little. This made me think that an external
influence was involved, so I removed wrapper support and everything works
fine. The environment is:

- Solaris 7 host
- OpenSSH 2.1.1p4
- OpenSSL 0.9.5a
- LibWrap 7.6

Other hosts running OpenSSH-1.2.3 with Wrapper support work just fine. I can
supply more detail if needed, but if anyone has also seen this problem and
has a resolution it'd be much appreciated !

Regards

Richard
mailto:richard.savage at sytec.co.nz

PS: Also keen to contribute in the testing area if possible. Solaris
Sparc/Intel V6+7 and Redhat Linux 6+ are available for testing.