[Need help] sshd cannot work on mips-sony-bsd

Ben Lindstrom mouring at pconline.com
Thu Aug 31 14:50:35 EST 2000

On 31 Aug 2000, NAKAJI Hiroyuki wrote:
[..]
> debug: session_new: init
> debug: session_new: session 0
> debug: Allocating pty.
> debug: Entering interactive session.
> error: open /dev/tty failed - could not set controlling tty: No such device or address
[..]

Ermm.. I wonder if vhangup is either broken or returning an error that is
not being caught.  Or we are trying to move to a tty device that does
not exist (but it looks like the wrong section of code for that)

In pty.c around line 247 make this change and see if it yields any
helpful data when you run the test again.  Otherwise I'm not really
sure where to begin to work.  I've not spent enough time prowling around
in the tty code of OpenSSH (luckly I never had).

+       if (vhangup() < 0)
+          error("vhangup: %.100s",strerror(errno));
+	debug("Attempting to use %s as our tty.",ttyname);
-       vhangup();

Ben