[Need help] sshd cannot work on mips-sony-bsd

NAKAJI Hiroyuki nakaji at tutrp.tut.ac.jp
Thu Aug 31 15:58:39 EST 2000

> debug: session_new: init
> debug: session_new: session 0
> debug: Allocating pty.
> debug: Entering interactive session.
> error: open /dev/tty failed - could not set controlling tty: No such device or address

Ben> +       if (vhangup() < 0)
Ben> +          error("vhangup: %.100s",strerror(errno));
Ben> +	debug("Attempting to use %s as our tty.",ttyname);
Ben> -       vhangup();

I checked this. Message changed a little but...

debug: session_new: init
debug: session_new: session 0
debug: Allocating pty.
debug: Entering interactive session.
debug: Attempting to use /dev/ttyp3 as our tty. <--
debug: no set_nonblock for tty fd 7
error: open /dev/tty failed - could not set controlling tty: No such device or address
debug: no set_nonblock for tty fd 11
debug: server_init_dispatch_13
debug: server_init_dispatch_15
[...]

Things not go well.

Ben> Ermm.. I wonder if vhangup is either broken or returning an error that is
Ben> not being caught.  Or we are trying to move to a tty device that does
Ben> not exist (but it looks like the wrong section of code for that)

I read vhangup(2), it says

BUGS
     Access to the control terminal via /dev/tty is still possi-
     ble.

     This call should be replaced by an automatic mechanism that
     takes place on process exit.

Is this what you wonder?

There is /dev/tty.
$ ls -l /dev/tty
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     wheel      2,   0 Jun 23 15:20 /dev/tty
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki