assorted issues with 2.1.1p4...

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Aug 31 16:42:58 EST 2000

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, James Ralston wrote:
> 4.  If X11 forwarding is being used, and an X11 application is being
>     forwarded across the secure channel, occasionally shutting down
>     that application causes the sshd process to crash.
[snip]

> I've made an attempt to look at issue #4, but so far, I've been unable
> to catch the sshd process in the act of crashing; it seems that the
> problem doesn't occur when the sshd process in question is being
> traced.  I'm not even sure what signal sshd is dying on.  I'll report
> back once I have more definite information, but until then, has anyone
> run into what they think might be the same problem?

Do you mean that the main sshd process dies, or the one handling your
connection?

For what it's worth, when doing heavy X11Forwarding, the latter happens to
me almost daily. Connecting with SecureCRT 3.1 to commercial
SSH-1.2.25.  I've only noticed this with SecureCRT (not that I do much X11
forwarding from anywhere else).

So this might be a little more generic problem ...

--
Pekka Savola                    "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Pekka.Savola at netcore.fi          not those you stumble over and fall"