/etc/issue possible?

Kevin Steves stevesk at sweden.hp.com
Fri Dec 1 16:23:12 EST 2000

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Chris wrote:
: Is it possible to have sshd print out /etc/issue before users attempt to
: log in?  We are required to print some sort of disclaimer, and the only
: way I have found to do this so far is some disgusting hack involving
: debug statements.

In the version 2 drafts the server is allowed to send data before the
version string which the client may choose to display.  It seems this
may provide the mechanism to do what you want, but currently any such
lines are not displayed by the client and the server would have to be
changed to generate them (with a BannerFile option for example).