Hosting openssh's CVS repository

Mo DeJong mdejong at cygnus.com
Sun Dec 3 22:15:12 EST 2000

On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, Brian Kifiak wrote:

> > It's a pity that this might confuse people.
>
> redhat set it up like this, no?  are they trying to confuse people?
> or maybe it's just for brand recognition.  who knows.

Confuse? I am sure it is more for the "brand building"
than some nefarious scheme to confuse folks.

> > Please note that sources.redhat.com is a box which is in no way
> > inside of the Red Hat network.
>
> oh?  it's certainly dependant on redhat.com's dns, no?  also,

Yeah, so what? The point was that it is a
CVS site that can be accessed by anyone,
unlike the current situation.

> polluting some (much?) of the userbase by choosing sourceforge (va)
> or sources (redhat) isn't -- in my opinion -- such a great idea.
> (it would pollute because not everyone loves va and redhat.)

I am not sure how "lack of like" equates to "pollution", but
you folks are welcome to do what you like. Just thought
you might like some options.

cheers
Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc