scp without permitting shell access, possible?

Jos Backus josb at cncdsl.com
Fri Dec 15 13:45:29 EST 2000

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 06:37:07PM -0800, Jason Stone wrote:
> command="scp -f <file>",no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-pty

I have thought of that, and am in fact using it for another application
already.

The problem is that <file> varies. E.g. I fetch a well-known file(name) which,
among others, contains the list of other files I need to fetch. It's not
feasible to have separate identities for each file.

Thanks,
--
Jos Backus                 _/  _/_/_/        "Modularity is not a hack."
                          _/  _/   _/                -- D. J. Bernstein