scp without permitting shell access, possible?

Lee Eakin leakin at japh.itg.ti.com
Fri Dec 15 14:03:48 EST 2000

Instead of setting command to 'scp -f file' you need to write a simple
wrapper script and set command to that script.  Then that script can parse
thru the environment variable "SSH_ORIGIANL_COMMAND".  If the command is
'scp -f ' and one of the allowed files then it exec's that command,
otherwise it prints an error, (possibly logs or mails the admin of the
attempted command) and exits.
  -Lee