istate / ostate error?

William Yodlowsky wyodlows at andromeda.rutgers.edu
Sat Dec 16 05:20:00 EST 2000

Log snippet:

channel 10: istate 4 != open
channel 10: ostate 64 != open
channel 11: istate 4 != open
channel 11: ostate 64 != open
channel 12: istate 4 != open
channel 12: ostate 64 != open
channel 13: istate 4 != open
channel 13: ostate 64 != open
channel 14: istate 4 != open
channel 14: ostate 64 != open
channel 15: istate 4 != open
channel 15: ostate 64 != open

% ssh -V
SSH Version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.
Compiled with SSL (0x0090600f).

This is on Solaris 8 SPARC with all the patches + OpenSSL 0.9.6.  This
install has been running since Nov 8 with no problems.  A couple of
days ago I started seeing those error messages in my sessions.  The
only change I made was to my syslog.conf, so perhaps it was doing it
all along and no one noticed...

I tried the FAQ, archives, web, and Deja and the only reference I found
was the same problem in NetBSD's "version" of ssh.

What to do?  Thanks in advance.