istate / ostate error?

William Yodlowsky wyodlows at andromeda.rutgers.edu
Wed Dec 20 05:58:23 EST 2000

I hate people who reply to their own list postings.

I unfortunately got no replies at all about the problem described
below... nothing appears in my logs.  (Yes I wrote "Log snippet" but
that's actually wrong; those messages appear in my ssh session at
apparently random times).  They don't seem to have any effect; I stay
connected and if I clear the screen all is well.

How can I provide more information?

Thanks in advance... and thanks to the developers for all their hard
work!