OpenSSH 2.4.0 patch call..

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Thu Dec 28 20:33:01 EST 2000

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 01:13:58AM -0800, Mo DeJong wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 12:40:39AM -0600, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> > > Granted, I still want to know how you install OpenSSL from source without
> > > perl.=)
> >
> > With the help of an external contributed perl.
> >
> > Anyway, perl is now becoming part of the Cygwin base distro so this
> > shouldn't be an issue anymore.
>
> I disagree. Even if/when perl is added to the base Cygwin
> distro, it is still an issue. What if folks decide to skip
> the perl module?

Good question. What if folks decide to skip gcc, binutils, ...
That's no joke. Folks already do this.

> I think a quote from Mrs. Lovejoy says it best:
> "Won't someone please think of the children!"

We _are_ thinking of the children. What other reason do adults
have when releasing a binary distribution? Nobody is forced to
compile anything from the base distro (including OpenSSL and
OpenSSH) by himself.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen