OpenSSH 2.4.0 patch call..

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Dec 30 05:57:55 EST 2000

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 01:17:51PM +0100, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:
> The "make" process is broken for HP-UX make and GNU make
> is required, as flags are not passed as needed.

Same for SCO ODT 3.0 and AIX "make".

> ws01 38: make
>         cc -O -Ae +DAportable -I/usr/local/include -c bsd-arc4random.c
> cpp: "bsd-arc4random.c", line 29: error 4036: Can't open include file 'openssl/rand.h'.
> cpp: "bsd-arc4random.c", line 30: error 4036: Can't open include file 'openssl/rc4.h'.
> *** Error exit code 1
> As you can see, CPPFLAGS are not honored. (Because there is not .c.o rule?)

That would be my guess as well - no .c.o rule, and the default rule
doesn't use $(CPPFLAGS).  I think it should not be a major portability
issue to just add the proper .c.o rule - but then, I don't know all the
weirder systems out there.

gert

--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from *Aichach*
... mobile phone: +49 177 2160221 ... or mail me:  gert at greenie.muc.de