SOCKS support

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Thu Feb 3 20:39:25 EST 2000

Just a warning and a call to action:

Theo de Raadt has convinced me to remove SOCKS support from our port
of OpenSSH.

His argument is that it can be easily and generically implemented as
a ProxyCommand. This fits with my desire to keep our divergences from
the OpenBSD codebase to a minimum.

This looks like a few hours work (for someone more familiar the SOCKS
API that I). It is basically a program which connects to a commandline
specified host and passes data to/from the remote host to/from stdio.
"man ssh" for the details on ProxyCommands.

I am therefore asking for a volunteer to implement this so I can
include in the next release of OpenSSH.

Any takers?

Regards,
Damien Miller