Rekeying

Markus Friedl markus.friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Feb 16 09:40:23 EST 2000

Hello Brian,

1) draft-ietf-tls-ssh-00.txt is obsolete. There is no known implementation.
2) OpenSSH-1.2.2 and ssh-1.2.27 implement the SSH-1.5 protocol.
   This version does not support rekeying or IV's other then zero.
   The file RFC.nroff from the OpenSSH distribution describes SSH-1.3.
3) SSH2 supports all the features you mentioned (IVs, different
   keys and algorithms per direction, rekeying and much more).
   See the draft-ietf-secsh-* series for more information, especially
   draft-ietf-secsh-transport-06.txt

-markus