Problem compiling 1.2.2 on solaris

Morten Eriksen mortene at sim.no
Wed Feb 16 18:39:00 EST 2000

* Niels Provos
> I am sorry.  It seems to me that you understand why using such a
> patch is completely wrong.  So, why do you post it here?

First you snip away the text where I explain why I posted it ("if I've
understood the discussion from last week correctly, something like
this will never actually make it into the distribution [...] But I
don't know much about the issues involved, and I might be wrong."),
then you ask why I posted it?

Come on, give me a break.

> You might want to look into a user provided one-time randomness
> file.  While not perfect, it is certainly better than using rand().

Sounds like a good idea, and I guess this is what the original ssh
does when it asks the user to move the mouse around or bang the
keyboard, right?

Would there be any point in submitting a patch which implements the
same "file of randomness" generation as ssh? Or would that just be
"super-seeded" (*ough* what a terrible pun) by the effort to port
Yarrow?

Regards,
Morten Eriksen