OpenSSH protocol 1.6 proposal

David Rankin drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us
Sun Jan 2 22:15:48 EST 2000

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 01:00:17AM -0500, Brian Fundakowski Feldman wrote:
> I'm sorry for bringing this up under all these public eyes.  Let me suffice
> it to say that all the communcation so far I have had with Theo regarding
> OpenSSH has come down to (on my receiving side):

*rest deleted*

Since I've never dealt with Theo, I won't comment on the ability (or
lack thereof) of Theo to hold a public discussion with others.
What I AM concerned about is the discussion of a possible 1.6 protocol.
Since the openssh-dev-list was never involved in that discussion, could
someone please let us know the details.

Speaking completely without facts, I am personally skeptical about
enhancing the 1.x protocol when all of the standards processes are
focused on getting 2.0 out the door. That said, I am willing to be
convinced on the matter.

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   Email: drankin at bohemians.lexington.ky.us   Address/Phone Number: Ask me.