Mostly good news on the NeXT front.

Jim Knoble jmknoble at pobox.com
Thu Jan 13 07:15:05 EST 2000

På 2000-Jan-12 klokka 02:28:15 -0600 skrivet Ben Lindstrom:

: [...] Plus NeXT 3.3 (not sure about 4.2 yet) lacks a putenv().  I found
: one that compiles cleanly from the GNU libc fokes.  Which brings up
: licensing issues.  I'm not sure if we can get a wavier or if we will
: have to write our own.  It looks simple enough to rewrite if we have
: to.  I personally hate reinventing wheels.

Ben, does NeXT have setenv()?  If it does, you might be able to get
away with making a wrapper that uses either putenv() or setenv(),
depending on what's available.  That would be much better than trying
to use glibc code.

--
jim knoble
jmknoble at pobox.com