Failed password

Gene Imes gene at ozob.net
Sat Jan 15 08:51:53 EST 2000

I may have posted this before but got no reply.

I run sshd -d and try to login from another machine and this is what
happens:

gene at bubba:/usr/include/asm> sudo sshd -d
Password:
debug: sshd version OpenSSH-1.2.1
Server listening on port 22.
Generating 768 bit RSA key.
RSA key generation complete.
debug: Server will not fork when running in debugging mode.
Connection from 216.131.4.131 port 1023
debug: Client protocol version 1.5; client software version 1.2.27
debug: Sent 768 bit public key and 1024 bit host key.
debug: Encryption type: 3des
debug: Received session key; encryption turned on.
debug: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
debug: Attempting authentication for gene.
Failed password for gene from 216.131.4.131 port 1023
Connection closed by 216.131.4.131
debug: Calling cleanup 0x805724c(0x0)

The password is correct though.

Please email me a reply, I am not subscribed.

Thanks,

::::: Gene Imes			     http://www.ozob.net :::::