PID file

Andre Lucas andre.lucas at dial.pipex.com
Mon Jan 17 22:11:03 EST 2000

Damien Miller wrote:
8< snip 8<
> I may change the way that the paths are substituted into the
> manpages in the near future to a system that allows me to use the
> unmodified OpenBSD manpages (to keep the diff size down).

Yep, fixpaths was always a hack. The problem I saw with that was
distinguishing between OpenBSD's SSH config files and system files in
/etc. I suppose you could substitute for /etc/<config file> where config
file is one of {ssh_config, sshd_config, shosts.equiv ssh_host_key*},
and though I can think of a few cases where that might break that it
would most likely be fine.

I guess I didn't count on the man pages changing that often, which in
retrospect was probably a mistake. Since I haven't seen anyone else jump
at the opportunity to provide preformatted manpages, I guess I could do
that. Now that I know that you want to avoid heavy diff work, I'll try
out the above substitution scheme to see how it flies.

Do you want to do the substitutions from configure, or as a make target?

Ta,
-Andre