PID file

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Mon Jan 17 22:17:44 EST 2000

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Andre Lucas wrote:

> Yep, fixpaths was always a hack. The problem I saw with that was
> distinguishing between OpenBSD's SSH config files and system files
> in /etc. I suppose you could substitute for /etc/<config file>
> where config file is one of {ssh_config, sshd_config, shosts.equiv
> ssh_host_key*}, and though I can think of a few cases where that
> might break that it would most likely be fine.

Fixpaths is OK, just the way we use it needs to change a bit.
Instead of replacing @sysconfdir@ in manpages, etc we need to be
replacing "/etc/ssh_config".

> I guess I didn't count on the man pages changing that often, which
> in retrospect was probably a mistake.

The problem is not so much the changing, rather that a) we want the
input files to fixpaths to be identified somehow and b) diff doesn't
have a nice way of handling renamed files.

> Since I haven't seen anyone else jump at the opportunity to provide
> preformatted manpages, I guess I could do that. Now that I know
> that you want to avoid heavy diff work, I'll try out the above
> substitution scheme to see how it flies.

Excellent. How about converting from (for example) sshd.8 to
sshd.8.out and sshd.8.catman

> Do you want to do the substitutions from configure, or as a make
> target?

A makefile target would probably be best.

Thanks again,
Damien Miller