Porting openssh to Win32

Marc van Woerkom marc.vanwoerkom at orgaplan.de
Fri Jan 21 01:33:34 EST 2000

>   First port of call was a cygwin port of openssl (I was using cygwin 1.0,
>   not b20.1) as the existing win32 stuff is for the M$ compiler. I got it
>   compiled with gcc (using the gcc target, and changing  an 'ln -s'
>   command to a copy, as the symlink was looping on NT) but for some reason
>   a file was getting truncated and the tests failed. I stopped there as
>   there was other stuff to do on the Unix ports.

Another source of fun is usually the \r\n vs \n line termination, as
expressed using text or binary mode on files.

>  Then, as Damien pointed out to me, a good random source is required,
>  which will probably require some native win32 code to access the
>  system's entropy sources.

My first problem would be to determine how good that generator is.
Is there any test suite out there, with a minimum of consesus among the
experts, that would allow to decide if it is crap or not?

I know that there is a lot written in Knuths books - I remember that
easy test to simply plot (x_i, x_{i+1}) to spot for some of the more
obvious flaws.

Regards,
Marc