EGD requirement a show stopper for me

Andrew Stribblehill a.d.stribblehill at durham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 31 20:01:34 EST 2000

Quoting Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com>:

> I just checked out the Yarrow code again.  It is very much WinXX code
> and would be a PTA to port to any flavor of UNIX.  After the port it
> would not look anything like it does now...

The author in their paper say that there is a UNIX port. But I
mailed them about it and they didn't get back to me.

I agree that the code is full of yuck but we wouldn't need the
front-end and the back-end could be pretty simple. So this leaves
us with the task of porting the bit in the middle! Sadly, I can't
understand the M$ makefile-alike distributed with it.

All the same, this still leaves us with the same problem, namely
that of needing to have a daemon around all the time.

Cheerio,

Andrew.