sftp

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Thu Jul 20 23:09:21 EST 2000

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, TARDIEU Emmanuel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the status on sftp ? People here who are not familiar with
> "command line ftp" would like to use the new spiffy graphical
> sftp provided with ssh.com new NT client.  As we are planning on
> replacing all our sshd with openssh, we need sftpd as well.

sftp is not supported by OpenSSH. There is no specification of the
protocol used by the commercial ssh sftp and no one has reverse
engineered it.

I don't know of any replacements with spiffy graphical interfaces,
but you may be able to use rsync. Rsync has been ported to NT and
uses some clever algorithms to reduce network traffic.

-d