First time install

Rip Loomis loomisg at cist.saic.com
Fri Jul 21 00:54:40 EST 2000

David--

This is not an error (in your case), but simply
a warning condition.  OpenSSH is properly warning
you that the host you are trying to contact is
not "known" to it, and that it cannot otherwise
verify that you are in fact connecting to the
host you think you are.  This is a feature,
designed to keep you from accidentally supplying
your login/password information to an improper
or impostor host.

RTFM, apropos make-ssh-known-hosts(1).  Alternatively,
if you're sure that you *really* are connecting to
the desired host, just answer "yes" to that
warning and it will appropriately populate your
known-hosts file.

Hope this helps, and congratulations on choosing
to install SSH and improve your security.

	--Rip

Rip Loomis		Voice Number: (410) 953-6874
Security Engineer
Center for Information Security Technology
http://www.cist.saic.com