openssh-2.1.1p1 on Debian slink and potato

Rip Loomis loomisg at cist.saic.com
Thu Jun 29 06:04:11 EST 2000

Nikhil--
(If you used to volunteer for ml.org, hello again,
otherwise hello...)

This is a known issue with the released 2.1.1p1
on Linux derivatives; Damien already has included
the patch in his tree.  I would recommend getting
the latest "snapshot" tarball from

  http://www.mindrot.org/misc/junk/openssh-SNAP-20000628.tar.gz

and using that.  (The issue is the way that the
configure script decides what utmp/utmpx/wtmp/wtmpx
format to use).

Hey Damien--would it be reasonable to release a
2.1.1p2 sometime soon to stop this FAQ?  I have
functional-but-ugly scripts to build a Solaris
installable package that I wasn't rushing
to clean up (since I thought another release
would be out soon), but is there a plan for the
next release?  If it's going to be another two
weeks then maybe I can get them cleaned up enough
to go into contrib/ ....

	--Rip