Please test this snapshot

Matthew Clarke Matthew_Clarke at mindlink.bc.ca
Fri Jun 30 15:38:12 EST 2000

Hi.

I'm noticing some funnnies with utmp on AIX (4.2.1.0.06) too, but haven't
finished testing yet, which is why the e-mail describing it is only
half-written.  Setting "Uselogin yes" seems to avoid the trouble, though
the utmp file as shown by "who -a" still doesn't look quite right.

I'll try your patch & see what kind of difference it makes.

see ya...
Matt.
--
"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,
but rather when there is nothing left to take away."

jeudi, le 29 juin, 2000, Tom Bertelson nous a dit ceci:

> Damien Miller wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Rip Loomis wrote:
> >
> > > Hey Damien--would it be reasonable to release a
> > > 2.1.1p2 sometime soon to stop this FAQ?
> >
> > Yes, it has been a lack of time which has prevented me so far.
> >
> > It would be great if I could get some feedback on how
> > http://www.mindrot.org/misc/junk/openssh-SNAP-20000629.tar.gz
> > works on Solaris, Irix 6.x, HPUX, AIX, Tru64 and SCO.
>
> Sorry, but there's problems with AIX.
>
> Some old thing - utmp entries.  This fixes a buffer underrun, a reversed
> test, and the assumption size_t == int. I suspect any architecture that
> uses pututline(3) and doesn't have utmpx may have the same problems.
>
> To test for this:
> host1$ ssh host2
> host2$ tty # note the number
> host2$ who # you should be there
> host2$ ssh localhost
> host2$ tty # a different number
> host2$ who # Oops!  First entry replaced with this new one
> host2$ exit
> host2$ tty # still there
> host2$ who # Oops!  First entry gone
>
> I'm looking at logintest.c and trying to figure out a good test for this
> without trashing utmp (too much), but no luck so far.
>
> Also, I noticed incomplete support for HAVE_ID_IN_UTMPX. I've tested
> this with Solaris, and it seems to work fine with or without this patch.
> --
> Tom Bertelson           "Any sufficiently advanced technology
> RHI Consulting           is indistinguishable from magic."
> tbert at abac.com             -- Arthur C. Clarke

[ patch snipped ]