va_list problems on Solaris

Ben Taylor bent at clark.net
Wed Mar 8 23:05:59 EST 2000

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, David G. Hesprich wrote:

> > However, I screwed up and downgraded gcc from 2.95.1 to 2.8.1, which left
> > version 2.95.1 of gcc in /usr/ucb/cc, and version 2.8.1 in
> > /usr/local/bin/gcc. Removing the errant binary from /usr/ucb allowed the
> > compile to proceed to completion.
>
> Mea cupla.
>
> Looks like I spoke too soon. Further experimentation shows the same error.
> Only thing I can figure was that I was compiling version 1.2.2 (always
> compiled fine), which I was comparing to p1 at the time, and never noticed
> it.

Are you sure you're also not getting any of the library files from
2.95.1?  Also,  apparently if you build on 2.8.1, your libraries
should be build by the same compiler (This is a suggestion I got
from the gcc list when I couldn't get a shared library thing working...)
You may want to make sure everything from 2.95.1 is uninstalled.

I'm running gcc-2.95.2 on Solaris 7 x86 and it builds just fine.  I
suspect you've probably roached something.  I've also got gcc-2.8.1
in another tree, but it would be very hard for configure to guess where
it was.

Ben