va_list problems on Solaris

dghespri at sprintparanet.com dghespri at sprintparanet.com
Thu Mar 9 00:22:01 EST 2000

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Ben Taylor wrote:

> Are you sure you're also not getting any of the library files from
> 2.95.1?  Also,  apparently if you build on 2.8.1, your libraries
> should be build by the same compiler (This is a suggestion I got
> from the gcc list when I couldn't get a shared library thing working...)
> You may want to make sure everything from 2.95.1 is uninstalled.

I had to back down from 2.95.2 because a particular package I was working
with had a known problem with 2.95.x, .2 inclusive. I went back, and with
the exception of the /usr/ucb/cc being left around I previously, there
wasn't anything left around fromany other version of gcc. At least, that's
what I could determine to the best of my ability.

I got both gcc 2.8.1 and libstdc++ 2.8.1.1 as packages from
sunfreeware. The installation has worked pretty good so far (I've been
able to compile and install all sorts of things), so I don't think there's
a massive error in there.

I'm open to suggestions, of course.

-David Hesprich