scp problem

Mate Wierdl mw at moni.msci.memphis.edu
Fri Mar 17 05:44:22 EST 2000

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 12:21:21PM +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Mate Wierdl wrote:
>
> > I specified it as
> >
> > ./configure  --prefix=%myprefix --with-default-path=%myprefix/bin
>
> Shouldn't that be "--with-default-path=%{myprefix}/bin"?

{} not needed.

> The use of --with-default-path fixed this problem for everyone else
> who has reported it.

It would help me if somebody told me what this default-path is used
for by sshd on the remote system.  When I see the error

scp wierdlm at karadi:.bashrc bashrc
wierdlm at karadi.msci.memphis.edu's password:
bash: scp: command not found

which bash reports the error, the remote (on karadi) or the local?

Is sshd on the remote server karadi trying to run scp on karadi?

If that is the case, why is not it trying to find scp where scp was
installed?

How can I test *where* sshd on karadi is trying search for scp?

Finally, is default-path used to find scp, or it is used for some
other purpose?

Thx

Mate