ANNOUNCE: portable openssh-2.1.0

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Tue May 9 23:02:10 EST 2000

	This is regarding the rpm binary files...

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 10:37:37PM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> [The is an announcement to the developers list only, please give
> the new version a try overnight and I will announce it to the wider
> community tomorrow.]

> This is to announce the release of openssh-2.1.0, the first stable
> release of portable OpenSSH to incorporate support for the SSH2
> protocol.

	Why is rpm >= 3.0.3 required for openssh-server-2.1.0-1.i386.rpm
and openssh-2.1.0-1.i386.rpm?  That causes a problem on RedHat 6.0
systems with rpm 3.0.2.  I tried using --no-deps and it installs just
fine and all the scripts seem to work.  So what's the deal with
just those two (the others don't complain)?  What is suppose to be
missing or not working under those circumstances?

	[...]

> Regards,
> Damien Miller
>
> [1] http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/secsh-charter.html
> [2] http://www.openssl.org/
>
> --
> | "Bombay is 250ms from New York in the new world order" - Alan Cox
> | Damien Miller - http://www.mindrot.org/
> | Email: djm at mindrot.org (home) -or- djm at ibs.com.au (work)

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/