Solved: on Solaris, "couldn't wait for child '...' completion: Nochild processes"

Andre Lucas andre.lucas at dial.pipex.com
Sat May 20 00:20:26 EST 2000

No! The error message is because I used 'error()' instead of 'debug()'.
That's changed in the 2.1.0p1 release, I believe. (I don't have access
to it right now.) This was discussed last week for 2.1.0 - just change
error() to debug() for those two messages.

If you're not using 2.1.0p1, please check it out - other bugs are fixed
there too. I'll post a cure for the 'missing fixprogs' problem later
today, just install ssh_prng_cmds manually until then.

Don't set the timeout so high. It's too much of a delay even with the
delay at 100ms. 2.1.0p1 calculates the timeout differently, too. Work is
under way to reduce the builtin PRNG delay to something that you won't
notice. Expect a patch soon.

Those error messages are just noise.

Ta,
-Andre'