bug in documentation for "Protocol" option

Rob Hagopian rob at hagopian.net
Wed Nov 8 10:05:19 EST 2000

Then it should be clear which are defaults and which aren't; now it's a
mix of the two, which is made worse by the text at the top that implies
that the file contains defaults (while the text is technically accurate
because all the options are commented out, I found it misleading).

I'm not sure how your system would work for some settings like:

#   IdentityFile ~/.ssh/identity
#   EscapeChar ~
#   Port 22

and most of the others which are indeed the defaults as described in the
man page... I can't think of too many non-default settings that would
qualify as "probably want to use" for these...

How about a section in the default ssh*_config that has all of the
settings and their default values, all commented out, as a quick reference
for people? It's a lot easier than cross checking the man page for each
setting...
								-Rob