Final Suggestion (Re: suggested bsd-setproctitle.c)

Kevin Steves stevesk at sweden.hp.com
Fri Nov 10 01:41:59 EST 2000

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Ben Lindstrom wrote:
: On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Kevin Steves wrote:
: > I was thinking of:
: >
: > #ifdef HAVE___PROGNAME
: > 	return __progname;
: > #else
: >         ...
: >
: > : Unless you plan on moving the #ifndef .. #endif to around the call in
: > : main().
: >
: > I was trying to avoid that, but if we don't want to assign __progname to
: > itself, it's fine with me.
: >
: I have no real quarms with assign itself to itself.  One would hope during
: an optimization phase the compiler would quietly drop it.

Where should the set_progname() function go?  Should I create a
util-portable.c or is there a better place?