Final Suggestion (Re: suggested bsd-setproctitle.c)

Ben Lindstrom mouring at pconline.com
Fri Nov 10 02:04:39 EST 2000

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Kevin Steves wrote:
[..]
> : I have no real quarms with assign itself to itself.  One would hope during
> : an optimization phase the compiler would quietly drop it.
>
> Where should the set_progname() function go?  Should I create a
> util-portable.c or is there a better place?

I see no problems putting it in bsd-misc.c myself.  We have around 95
files.. And I don't think that set_progname() needs it's own file.=)

I'd love to take all the bsd-*.c files and push them into a compat/
directory and tweak the configure/make files just to clean things
up. =)  But that distrupts the CVS a great deal.