OpenSSH 2.2.0p1 doesn't detect OpenSSL

William Caban william at hpcf.upr.edu
Thu Oct 12 05:43:38 EST 2000

Hi all:

I'm trying to compile OpenSSH 2.2.0p1 on an Origin 2000 running Irix
6.5.9 and when I run ./configure it didn't detect the OpenSSL libraries.

I compile/install OpenSSL 0.9.6.  The installation was done using prefix
/usr/local/ssl.  I test the binaries and they are working fine. Then,
when I try to configure the Openssh

    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ssh  --with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl
or
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ssl  --with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl

or other options, I just get the message:

    configure: error: Could not find working SSLeay / OpenSSL libraries,
please install

I add some "echo" on the configure script to see the differents paths it
is testing and it is testing the correct ones at some point but it
doesn't detect it.

Any help will be welcome.

--William Caban