OpenSSH 2.2.0p1 doesn't detect OpenSSL

William Caban william at hpcf.upr.edu
Thu Oct 12 06:58:20 EST 2000

Steve VanDevender wrote:

> William Caban writes:
>  > Also, I want to add that I also try with:
>  >
>  > CFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib" ./configure \
>  >  --prefix=/usr/local --with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl
>  >
>  > that someone just recomend but it didn't work, I just get the same error
>  > message.
>
> When I recommended that to you, I expected that you would apply some
> critical thought, particularly taking a look at where your OpenSSL
> libraries were actually installed on your system, and adjust it
> accordingly.

Actually I did it.  The real path that I want to use is /usr/local/sshdist/ssl
and it is there where I have everything installed. This is the full command
I'm running. Also, I have no other version on my system. I just want to create
a directory, in this case /usr/local/sshdist/  with all the libraries and
binaries needed to make this work in that way I can keep upgrading it without
disturbing the rest of the system that is been heavily use by researchers.

CFLAGS="-L/usr/local/sshdist/lib -L/usr/local/sshdist/ssl/lib
-I/usr/local/sshdist -I/usr/local/sshdist/ssl -I/usr/local/sshdist/include
-I/usr/local/sshdist/ssl/include" \
-I/usr/local/sshdist/ssl/include/openssl"  \
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/sshdist \
--with-egd-pool=/tmp/random_pool \
--with-random=/tmp/random_pool \
--with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/sshdist/ssl