scp not found

Matt Wolinski mwolinski at MimEcom.com
Sat Sep 2 09:25:44 EST 2000

Thank you to everbody who helped me successfully install ssh.

Now I'm having a problem with scp.  I am getting the error:

ksh: scp: not found

I know this error has something to do with the default path.  I tried to run
the configure script again ("./configure
--with-default-path=/usr/local/bin").  Then I ran the "make" and "make
install".  But I'm still having the problem.  I stopped and started the
"sshd" daemon also.  Am I missing something?  All the archived messages
mentioned that specifying the default-path will solve the problem.  Should I
uninstall ssh before I re-run the installation procedures?  If so, how?

One of the archived messages talked about the /usr/include/paths.h file.  I
don't have that file on my system, is that a problem?  Where else is the
default path set?

This is a sparc system running Solaris 7.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Wolinski
Application Developer - MimEcom Corp.