scp -2 patch

Theo de Raadt deraadt at cvs.openbsd.org
Fri Sep 8 10:00:18 EST 2000

That doesn't make sense either.

ssh has a lot of options, because it needs them.

scp has few options, because it doesn't need them.

It's like comparing the sum of the options on rlogin, telnet, and
xterm, to the options on rcp.

There just is no need for consistancy.

You didn't even give a justification for why you might want to scp -2.

It doesn't make sense.

1