modifying Openssh config script for KTH-KRB (fwd)

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Fri Sep 15 07:37:04 EST 2000

Dear OpenSSH developers,

Hi, taking the liberty of sending this to your mailing list in the hope
someone will be able to help. The KTH version of Kerberos 4 was the only
one I was able to find.

In case you don't want to look at all the stuff below, the situation is
briefly that I am trying to compile openssh with kerberos 4 support, which
it apparently has. However, it can't find krb.h, which is right there. And
it compiles OK, but gives "KerberosTgtPassing yes" as a bad option, which
can't be good, and I don't get properly authenticated when I log in, which
is obviously the whole point. If this ssh cannot be compiled with this
krb4 version, can you suggest a version it *would* compile correctly with?
It is possible the configure file could be tweaked to perform correctly,
but how?

I heard this compiles correctly on OpenSSH. Since OpenSSH is free, what
version of krb4 are they using there?

                       Best regards, Faheem Mitha.