Securid revisited

Markus Friedl Markus.Friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Apr 10 18:55:10 EST 2001

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 06:00:07PM -0700, Jay Denebeim wrote:
> I read the thread on securid back in march.  openssh doesn't support it
> because it's propriatary, right?  I understand that, however I've still
> got a problem.

i think we could even add the securid changes to openssh-portable.
we already support propriatary AIX authentication things.
however, the securid patch needs some work. is there an up-to-date
patch?

> Work use securid *exclusively* using ssh2.  It uses an authentication
> protocol of securid-1 at ssh.com.  The client side does *not* need the
> securid propriatary stuff, no need for the include files or the library.

SSH.com uses a proprietary protocol instead of the standard
	keyboard-interactive
authentication.

> So, given that, is there any reason securid couldn't be supported on the
> client side talking to an ssh2 server?  I *really* don't want to put ssh2
> on my systems at home.

send me a spec of securid-1 at ssh.com and i'll look into this.

-m