Variable path to ssh_prng_cmds?

Armin.Kunaschik at varetis.de Armin.Kunaschik at varetis.de
Wed Apr 11 18:28:27 EST 2001

>You are better off using PRNGd[1] rather than portable OpenSSH's
>own RNG. It is more secure, reduces your system load and is more
>configurable.
I'm not sure if I understand this. I have checked PRNGd out... it uses the
same scheme (output from various system commands) to get random
bytes. The should causes the same amount of system load!?
I don't know if it's more secure... but the amount of work is higher,
especially in a heterogenous environment. Therefore I would prefer
the buildin feature...
Are there any plans to include the PRNGd functionality into OpenSSH?

Regards,
Armin