man pages screwed

Mark D. Roth roth+openssh at feep.net
Thu Apr 19 02:46:33 EST 2001

On Mon Apr 16 12:03 2001 -0500, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> 	As for other hard-coded features.  If there is places where it can
> be made more robusts, feel free to let us know.  A lot of
> configure.in/Makefile.in stuff appeared because it was the best solution
> at the time.

As I mentioned before, I don't really have the time to dive into this
in detail, but here are a few of the more obvious examples for
platforms I'm fairly familiar with:

  * AIX:
        AC_DEFINE(BROKEN_GETADDRINFO)
        AC_DEFINE(DISABLE_LASTLOG)

  * HP-UX:
	AC_DEFINE(PAM_SUN_CODEBASE)
        AC_DEFINE(USE_PIPES)
        AC_DEFINE(DISABLE_SHADOW)
        AC_DEFINE(DISABLE_UTMP)
        LIBS="$LIBS -lsec"

  * Solaris:
	AC_DEFINE(PAM_SUN_CODEBASE)
	AC_DEFINE(DISABLE_UTMP)
	AC_DEFINE(DISABLE_WTMP)

These are all things which can be tested for instead of being
hard-coded by platform name.  In my experience, things work much
better that way.  Quite frankly, I wouldn't be upset to see the entire
``case "$host"'' block disappear from configure.in.

Of course, it's pretty easy to point this stuff out when you don't
have the time to work on fixing it, so I'll shut up now... ;)

--
Mark D. Roth <roth at feep.net>
http://www.feep.net/~roth/