man pages screwed

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Thu Apr 19 08:04:55 EST 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Mark D. Roth wrote:

> As I mentioned before, I don't really have the time to dive into this
> in detail, but here are a few of the more obvious examples for
> platforms I'm fairly familiar with:
>
>   * AIX:
>         AC_DEFINE(BROKEN_GETADDRINFO)

This might be tricky to test for at runtime, you cant assume that DNS is
configured.

>         AC_DEFINE(DISABLE_LASTLOG)

I can't think of a way to test for this.

>   * HP-UX:
> 	AC_DEFINE(PAM_SUN_CODEBASE)

A test for this would be nice. Take a look in defines.h to see what it is
used for.

>         AC_DEFINE(USE_PIPES)

The pipe bugs can be pretty subtle on some systems. If you can develop
testcases, then IMO they should be used to browbeat your OS vendor into
fixing them :)

-d