Minor bug in HostbasedAuthentication

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Wed Apr 25 16:39:39 EST 2001

When using "HostbasedUsesNameFromPacketOnly yes", the ssh client sends the
hostname with a trailing dot, but the server does not strip off the
trailing dot when matching against .shosts et. al., or when looking up keys
in ssh_known_hosts2. This causes the host to not be found. Adding the
hostname with trailing dot to the config files "fixes" this, but I think
sshd should do this itself.

If you like, I can try to gen a patch. I thought I'd ask first, in case
major restructuring was going to occur in this code.

Carson Gaspar - carson at taltos.org
Queen trapped in a butch body