using scp for files larger than 2 gig

Bhavesh Patel bhavesh_patel at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 06:44:05 EST 2001

Hi guys,

I was not able to copy files larger than 2 gb with scp.From the discussion
forum I found out that this is a know problem. I am using workaround which is

  cat file1 | ssh ipaddress 'cat > file2'

I have checked file with md5sum looks like it is ok. I just want to know is
this approch ok. Will it loose any data during transter.

I was also wondering do you guys have fix for it or you are planning to support
in future version.

I am using OpenSSH_2.9p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090601f

Thanking you in anticipation
Bhavesh