Ported openssh-2.9p2 to LynxOS

hari sekar a_ghsek at yahoo.co.in
Thu Aug 2 15:49:03 EST 2001

Hi,
	I have ported the portable version of openssh
(openssh-2.9p2) to LynxOS. I have had to install Perl5
and openssl-0.9.5a. Also since the regex library in
LynxOS is not POSIX compliant I had to use PCRE. Then
I configured openssh-2.9p2 with the library option
-lbsd. One more problem was the macro "howmany(x,y)"
is not defined in any of the /usr/include header files
n LynxOS. So I copied the Linux version of this macro
and included this header. It now works without any
problem.
	I would like to appreciate the porting team of
OpenSSH for the splendid work done on porting that it
was so easy to install in LynxOS. I understand that
the team has provided all the OS specific details. But
I don't find any mention of LynxOS in config file.

***	I would be immensely happy if I could get some
information from anyone on the Porting Issues that are
to be taken care of while porting any application.
What are the Operatig System specific informations
that need to be addressed and how it has been done in
openssh-portable release?

	Expecting your kind help,
	A.Gnana Hari Sekar.