Feature request

Darren Moffat Darren.Moffat at eng.sun.com
Sat Aug 4 03:04:37 EST 2001

>On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Pinter Jozsef wrote:
>
>> So... it would be nice, if you change the host resolver code to this:
>> it should lookup MX records like mail transport agents, but only if A
>> record for host doesn't present.
>
>this is really a bad idea. for the purpose I think you're looking for a

Not only is is a bad idea because it is abuse of the DNS it would mean
a pretty serious restructuring of the code because OpenSSH does NOT
call DNS it calls the getXbyY calls provided by the OS and they do what
ever that OS wants.

On Solaris the look at nsswitch.conf on OpenBSD resolv.conf might say
to use nis.

--