Setting of DISPLAY Variable

Frank-M Mohr frank-m.mohr at db.com
Tue Aug 7 04:44:31 EST 2001

Hi

I'm currently testing OpenSSH_2.9p2 on AIX.

Is there any reason why the hostname is used for the DISPLAY variable instead of localhost?

I just had problems with X11 forwarding on a AIX test machine that has HCMP configured but not running.
(the network interface has a different IP address in that state)
After changing the DISPLAY variable X11 forwarding worked fine.

Frank

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.