Rhosts Authentication Problem on Solaris

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Sat Aug 11 09:22:28 EST 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 07:07:19PM -0400, Cubi, Edwin wrote:
> Anyone, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> I currently installed openssh-2.9p2 on SunOS 5.7 and 5.8. From the very
> moment that start to ssh out I get "Rhosts Authentication disabled ;the
> originating ip will not be trusted". I 've put "Useprivileged yes " in the
> ssh_config file, but then the ssh complains that there is a bad config line.
> Can some one tell me what is going on and how can I get around this. I would
> like to use the scp capability and it will not work unless I can get around
> this problem. The ssh file is correctly setuided. HELP!!! I'm floundering

The configuration directive is UsePrivilegedPort, not Useprivileged, so
it's understandable that ssh wouldn't recognize it.  RhostsAuthentication
can also only be used with protocol 1, and at least in 2.9, protocol 2 is
the default.  Try adding "-1" or "-o 'protocol 1'" to your ssh invocation,
and see if that helps.

Cheers,

Nalin